Monday, July 7, 2014

Chapter 8

Love.

It's a myth, believe me. Everyone has their own definition, their own experiences and their own stories. I think it's an emotion that fights its way through all the bad days, giving you this feeling of wanting to be more than ordinary for someone. For some, it can be flowers on Valentine's and for others, the perfect chick flick followed by the perfect dinner. Then, there are fools like yours truly who believe in just writing down love stories. Because, that's what makes them amazing; they are stories that everyone wants to believe in too. Because we are naive and love is what gets us going.

But, strange things can happen too. What do you do if someone picks you out from 100's and makes you theirs? What happens when someone finds every freaking trait in you so likeable? What if someone knows your insecurities and yet finds you beautiful? What will you do if someone knows the darkest and brightest bits of you just to understand it makes you all the more bearable? What if someone makes you fall in love with yourself? 

There are no violins playing, no dancers out of the blue to perform some classic romantic yet fun song, no wind blowing my hair away as I feel like I've found someone, no perfect definition of 'the one, no rings, no protocols.

I think I'll just be. 
In my skin, so imperfect and yet perfect for someone. Because, finally, someone finds me to be okay around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment